Harman p43 turning off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

D-mac02

Dec 21, 2013
New York
Just curios if anyone else has had the problem of their Harman shutting off and not starting. I guess it shut down earlier this morning and it was down to 60 in the house. So the wife went over and turned it up and it kicked on. Guess there was no stats blinking. Think maybe the esp probe could be dirty? Any ideas what it could be?

How old of stove? Sometimes if the stove shuts down because of cold fire it won't throw a code. I get this when I take to long in cleaning the exchangers and not enough fuel in the pot to satisfy the ESP in the allotted time. But I do not run in auto.

Stove temp mode or room temp mode?

If you are running room temp auto with the temp dialed in above the 60* and the stove is shutting down then it thinks it has satisfied the temp. I'd check and clean the ESP for starters. Also make sure the room temp sensing probe is set up and sending good temp readings. Was it low on pellets? Igniter box dirty?

I like to run room temp manual ignite so the stove throttles down but still maintenance burns when temps are hit.

I have a P43 that I replaced the ESP probe last year then again this year ran great for last two months. I woke this morning the stove was powering down and it was full pellets in manual mode heat set at 70 and there wasn't any error codes no blinking lights. Any thoughts i'm going to give it a good cleaning tonight. It seems very strange to go thru two ESP probes.

Clean the venting and combustion access behind the ash pan. Check the location of the room sensor, tip not touching anything. Clean the ignitor by removing the access cover and loosening not removing the two 5/16" head screws. Tap the ignitor to remove excess fines. (no shop vac does not help in this case.)

Eric

Just curios if anyone else has had the problem of their Harman shutting off and not starting. I guess it shut down earlier this morning and it was down to 60 in the house. So the wife went over and turned it up and it kicked on. Guess there was no stats blinking. Think maybe the esp probe could be dirty? Any ideas what it could be?
Have you moved or repositioned the room sense probe lately ? This time of year I run in room Temp Manual, fwiw. It's quicker to ramp up. My room temp probe is taped to the top back of the hopper with the end sticking out maybe 3- 5" to the side.

Could you list most recent cleaning procedures and how log ago ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.