Harman p43 vent

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joe simmons

Jul 2, 2014
Pennsylvania
Reading the install Manuel , I will be doing a corner install and I am venting out the wall , I see u can go straight out with the vent or go straight out and then go with a vertical rise the preferred method from harman! I am using an oak too , now my question is should I go the vertical route for better draft or will I be ok just going straight out?

the draft comes in if you have power outages. the natural draft from the vertical rise will is supposed to keep smoke from entering the home when the combustion blower goes out. I just installed my p43 and i added a 5 foot vertical rise. on my second burn when it was good and warmed up i pulled the plug to simulate an outage and i didnt get any smoke in the house at all.

I cannot speak to direct vents but i can say that the vertical rise does seem to perform as advertised.

Also, i do NOT have an OAK, so the rise was necessary per the manual. I would assume because without a draft, and with no OAK the smoke would backfeed into the home through the air intake port.

Reactions: hwdemers
Status
Not open for further replies.