Harman P61A Beeping

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Emmie

Jan 22, 2021
Central NH
Our Harman P61A has been running well but it has been beeping somewhat continusously - the noise is so faint it is barely perceptible. My SO hasn't been cleaning it as regularly as normal so it should be cleaned soon. Howeer, I am concerned that it might be an electronics issue - that it might be a sign to replace the motherboard and would appreciate any information from anyone who has experienced this issue. TIA!

Last edited:
I'm not sure that the P61a has anything that beeps since it doesn't have extensive electronics like some other stoves.

Maybe it is plugged into a UPS and it is beeping? If so, that may mean the battery no longer keeps a charge so needs to be replaced.

Our Harman P61A has been running well but it has been beeping somewhat continusously - the noise is so faint it is barely perceptible. My SO hasn't been cleaning it as regularly as normal so it should be cleaned soon. Howeer, I am concerned that it might be an electronics issue - that it might be a sign to replace the motherboard and would appreciate any information from anyone who has experienced this issue. TIA!
wish i could help as i am 9 yr P61A burner..
for a beep sound i imagine u would need a very tiny speaker on the board right?
don't think its that.. how bout one of your fan motors making a faint squeal or squeek sound..
i get a similar sound when my exhaust motor gives a tiny screech sound. [ wow. think i covered all the S sounds.lol]
take cover off the back.. left side if looking at stove... listen near the exhaust blower.. if yes then a drop of 3-1 oil on the rotating metal shaft in the middle will stop it.. I usually have to do this once a season..