1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Harman P68 Auger Motor Grease

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by jpvonhemel, Jan 10, 2013.

1. jpvonhemel

jpvonhemel Member

Loc:
    Colorado
    I cleaned my stove out today, and after cleaning out the fines trap, I noticed a glob of grease leaking from the auger motor. I am thinking a bearing is out on it to cause that leak. This doesn't look normal, but I thought I would check here.

Thanks,

Jerold

IMG_3814.JPG

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. greg13

greg13 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    CNY
    I believe that is a bushing not a bearing. It may be worn enough to allow grease to get by but is should not come totally unglued to the point the motor is inoperable. You may want to order a spare if it bothers you.
  3. lbcynya

lbcynya Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    W Michigan
    Not normal... How old the is the stove? Any chance it could have been there since day 1? Guess i would wipe it off and see if any further leaking occurs. Still leaks - If you're handy, fix it or replace it and save as a backup.
  4. jpvonhemel

jpvonhemel Member

Loc:
    Colorado
    The stove was purchased Feb 2012. I'll have the dealer replace it under warranty.