Harman p68 installing into an existing fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Golfeur

Nov 15, 2014
Val-d'Or Québec
Hi! guys I installed my Harman p68 exactly as in the owner's manual page 11 Figure 10. This is a prefabricated chimney 6 '' and 32 'high.
This after noon there was a hydro outage 45 minutes I do not have a UPS and I have not had a smoke in the house, the fireplace has a natural draft. I do not have an outside air intake. My parameters are temperature stove automatic, advance 2.5, 1 thermostat, high fan. When hydro returned the stove is turned on. I'm glad all going well it was a good test

Reactions: Lake Girl
I had a similar issue but our electric was out for 2 - 3 hours which is longer than norm. Nice stove!::-)

32 'is the section outside my stove is in the basement must be added 5'
I'm 3 '' in the stove wall adapter then 3 '' to 6 '' prefabricated chimney
My chimney is to the outside and I have to hide finish which helps to keep it warmer.
It does not get dirty and it is almost easy to clean from a down outside access
I installed the Harman p68 in the month of February 2014, before I had a wood stove pacific Energy Super 27.
My house is 3 floors with basement 2300 square feet
I am satisfied with my harman p68

Status
Not open for further replies.