Harman pc45 igniter air flow?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bob huehne

Dec 2, 2013
wisconsin
I'm trying to figure out how the igniter works I understand it blows hot air into the burn pot I also read somewhere in these forms that if that's restricted you might not get a good burn I've been having problems when it calls for more fuel at night when the temps drop down it pushes pellets over the end how's the burn pot I'm giving it a good cleaning now, feed rate on 4 tried low as 3 and still pellets over the end if cold enough outside. I just put in a new ESP probe. Just trying to figure out if there's somewhere I can clean out for the air flow coming from the igniter? Or the air to the burn pot? Attached is a photo

Harman pc45 igniter air flow?

Where's the burnpot, all I see is the holder assembly? If you are trying to run it without the burnpot that would be a major problem.

Also note the auger tip is worn quite a bit, plus the auger tube has a hole worn in it which is quite common on older Harman's, especially the PC-45's.

Reactions: Ssyko
Lol I had the burn pot out for cleaning. I was wondering about that slit in the tube under the auger I can weld that shut. Far as the auger tip, what does that do if the tip is worn?

Fire will burn back into auger tube if tip is eroded, probably contributes to the auger tube hole/slit/wear too.

Are all the burnpot holes opened? What type of burnpot are you using? There are pellet, small and big hole corn pots I believe.

The igniter hole has nothing to do with air flow to pellets once the air pump turns off (usually less than 10 minutes after starting based on memory).

Reactions: Ssyko
I'm using the big hole one for pellets. That slit in the auger houseinghas been there for years andut ran fine but I will replace the auger and weld that up. I gave it one hell of a cleaning and fired it back up and so far working good but we shall see overnight its 6 degrees out now. Before it would of had a poor burn and pushed pellets over the edge. So far much hotter looking flame and ash about 1" from edge of the pot. Also top seal on door failed dollar bill test, I could pull it through if I pulled real hard so I will replace the rope too and see if that helps as well.

Reactions: Washed-Up