Harman advance 5 blink error with working stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bat08

Jan 4, 2024
France
Hello all,

I'm a bit stuck with a problem on my Harman Advance stove.

Since this year and randomly, the stove show a 5 blinks error on the control panel, even with pellet burning.

I already tried several things:

• change the igniter by a brand new one
  • deep cleaning of the stove (fans/feeder... including the melting pot free from any carbon desposit)
  • sweeping
  • try to change the pellet feeding level

For information from the begining, the installer told me that I Have a lot of carbon residue inside the melting pot, but the stove never did the 5 blink error before this year.

The ESP probe is clean as well.

I'm thinking about the ESP probe not working properly, but sometimes it will work well for a day and next time it will run without error only for a few hours.

Did any of you get a similar problem ? Do you have suggestion on what could be the rootcause ?

Many thanks for your help.