Harman Pellet Pro II information

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mgambuzza

Mar 12, 2006
Syracuse, NY
Does anyone out there have information, specs, pictures, electronic manuals on the Pellet Pro II? I am looking at possibly purchasing one, but before I make the long drive, I was wondering if anyone out there had any of these items they could share, and what kind of experience they have had with this stove. My appreciation in advance....

wow- Harman stopped production on those units at least 10 years ago. this stove uses a pusher block instead of an auger. Ive got one customer who owns one now, going on like 15 years or so....so far, so good on parts....was able to get a main circuitboard and a daughterboard for it a few years ago. Id be curious abt the shape its in, why are they getting rid of it. Make sure you have a dealer in the vicinity as well....can probably get a manual from him as well....might even be downloadable. It was an ok stove....harder to work on or adjust....but there was a reason they went to the underfire auger. I hope its cheap.

Depending on how old it is would depend on if it has a auger or not. I beleive the units produced after 1990 were built with a auger instead of a pusher block. There was also a Pellet Pro I that had the same type of feeder in it as the Magnum Stoker which of course used a pusher block as well. Like Harry said make sure it is in good shape and don't pay to much for it. Repalcement parts are readily available for it, such as circuit boards, motors and blowers. So if you need them it won't be hard to get them through your local dealer.

How much is too much?? I think they're asking around $1300. In excellent shape.

In my opinion....WAY too much. Half of that, and Id still have reservations.....like firejumper said...is it a pusherblock or a auger drive? Id stay away from the pusherblocks.

I completely agree with Harry. WAY to much for this unit. You could probably purchase a used P61/P61A for the same price and have a unit that is much more updated with today's technology. Definately stay away from the pusher blocks. Nothing but headaches in this unit.

well, headaches? I dunno, but it IS old technology. If you are set on Harman, you can get a p38 for $1400-1300. A p61 or p61a would be more, somewhere around $2000 (p61). Since the PPII didnt autoignite, the p61 would be the most appropriate choice, although I do like the ignitor on the 61a's. Also, with no warrantee, that $1300 unit WILL cost you a fair amount more in the very near future, while a new unit will have the 3/6 year Gold warrantee. Its kinda like buying a used car.......price is less than new, but you have to expect it will need new parts....will all those parts add up to what a new one would cost? In this case, it very well might.

Status
Not open for further replies.