1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Harman repair manual

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by freebird77, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freebird77

freebird77 Feeling the Heat

Do you guys think I could get a sevice repair manual from Harman, or would they tell me to go through the dealer? I have three years warranty, but wouldnt mind having a heads up on how to fix basic things. As those of you with Harmans know, the paperwork that comes with it doesnt offer much in the way of troubleshooting or repair. Im going to try and call them and see what they say. Just wanted to see what you guys thought or if anyone has acces to a manual. Thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. mkmh

mkmh New Member

Loc:
    Southern, Maine
    Not a bad idea. I've found the P61 to be pretty easy to work on and have used the Maintenance guide as my starting point -
    http://www.harmanstoves.com/maintenance/p38&p61cleaninginstructions;.pdf

This pretty much lets you know where all the componets are, and (to some extent) how to access them. With the few issues i've come across i've used a combination of the guide, this board (Kenny, HarryBack, GVA etc) and phone calls to the dealer to get things figured out and resolved.

IMO the Harman P61 is a wonderfully simple stove.
  3. Kenny1

Kenny1 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Eastern ON
    Let us know how you make out with that. I never thought of getting a service manual, but I'm not that handy myself.... :down:
  4. GVA

GVA Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Waxhaw, NC... Formerly North shore Mass
    Doubt it will happen there's probably too much proprietary info in the service manual, so unless you're a dealer I'd say you gotta stick with the manual.
  5. FireJumper

FireJumper New Member

There is no "service manual" per say. The only thing Harman has technically is the owners manual and the people that have "technical knowledge" as to how they work. i.e. Technical support reps that only talk to dealers.
  6. Shane

Shane Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Casper Wyoming
    Almost all stove companies I've ever dealt with have tech manuals. I've never personally dealt with Harman so if they don't have one they'd be the exception. You're likely not going to get your hands on it though.
  7. freebird77

freebird77 Feeling the Heat

Your kidding? I hope they back up their warranty, if, and when I need to use it. Seems like they dont want you to have any first hand info but to rely on the service guy. Which, by the way, it looks like there are only two in my area. Thats what scatre me. When I need help, will these two dealers still be around? I hope so.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.