Harman SF-160 question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemlock

Feeling the Heat
May 6, 2009
east coast canada
Hello,
I was reading up on the Harman boiler line, and saw that they have what they call "electric backup" option. It is listed at 9Kw. Is this just for domestic hot water, or is it intended to heat the entire home as well? The elements are right in the water jacket, which would suggest they are for use when the fire burns down, but 9Kw seems awful small if they are intended to take the place of the wood/coal fire. Thanks.

yes,i am about to install,this boiler-i think the electric element is just to protect your system,in the event you have your fire go out,so will not freeze up-i am not going to mess with it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.