Harman TL 300 Installed with tile floor and heat shield

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N/A N/A

Hearth Supporter
May 10, 2008
I cant believe I finally got it all done. Got the tile floor down, the Durock wall shield with one inch air gap and Z brick covering up. The Stove set in place and new Simpson Dura-vent double wall stove pipe to vent this monster. Now all I need is a cool night for a good break in fire.

Attachments

• completestove-1.jpg
    completestove-1.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 799
Nice Stove.

It will stink for a while while the paint cures, so I wouldn't wait for a really cold night to lite her up.
that way you can open a window and vent some of the fumes.

Did you have your dealer check the door gasket?
Like I mentioned in some of my other posts there door gasket may not be that secure, and the dealer may have to re-cement it.

FIREFIGHTER29 said:
I cant believe I finally got it all done. Got the tile floor down, the Durock wall shield with one inch air gap and Z brick covering up. The Stove set in place and new Simpson Dura-vent double wall stove pipe to vent this monster. Now all I need is a cool night for a good break in fire.
Nice job!

looks great! show picts. of it when you fire it up.

nice i really like that stove. top load is always nice. i see you have temp gauge on the stove pipe. is there a diff in the temp youll get from double wall and single wall. i also have double wall and am curious what temp i should aim for on the stack

MishMouse said:
Nice Stove.

It will stink for a while while the paint cures, so I wouldn't wait for a really cold night to lite her up.
that way you can open a window and vent some of the fumes.

Did you have your dealer check the door gasket?
Like I mentioned in some of my other posts there door gasket may not be that secure, and the dealer may have to re-cement it.

I brought that up to him. He said before I fire it up the first time to spray a little WD-40 on the gasket to keep it from sticking to the fresh paint until it cures. He told me that he had some issues at first with the door gasket but said after he started to advise new owners to do this he has not had one problem. When the new stove paint cures and "hardens", it gets sticky enough to cause the gasket to stick to it and pull it from the new gasket cement. He also insured me that if I did have an issue with this he would take care of it no problem. I will let you know how this works out. I also inspected the door gasket as much as I could and could not find any obvious problems with it. We will see what happens.

acesover said:
nice i really like that stove. top load is always nice. i see you have temp gauge on the stove pipe. is there a diff in the temp youll get from double wall and single wall. i also have double wall and am curious what temp i should aim for on the stack

I dont think there is so much of a difference in the temp because of the pipe, its more about what thermometer you are using to read the temp. The stove I replaced, I had a single wall pipe and had one of those magnet type thermometers. It worked well for what I needed it to do. But I doubt it is as accurate as a probe type thermometer in ether double wall or single wall pipe application. With the double wall pipe, I think you almost have to have the probe type as I have now to even get a close to accurate reading. I will be more than happy to let you know what temps I am getting, but all stoves most likely will burn different even if they are the same model let alone different brands. Just due to all the variables involved with the installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.