Harman TL 300 (Sounds)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclone

May 20, 2008
North East Pennsylvania
I burned for two days this weekend and wow. House really warm!!!

Couple of questions???

This is about the eighth time burning the stove and still get a smell throughout my home, Common??

Also the stove is still doing alot of pinging and dinging sounds'; is this common and will it stop??

I am also having a tough time keeping it in afterburn. Ther is no question you hear the start up (roar).

Does that roar continue thruogh the whole cycle of the burn or does the sound lessen? I am using dry would and I do have a good draft?

you will get smell every time you reach a new high temp.
Are the pinging sounds when it is heating up and cooling down? if so that is normal and it will not stop.
I know nothing of the after-burn on these stoves so I will bow out and somebody else answer that.

I agree with Dan about your first two questions.

The after burn may come and go depending on how you operate the stove. You can do a search of this forum about "wood burning cycles". The gases burned in the after burner is not produced all the way through the burn cycle.

There is a lot of materiel about "secondary burn", on this forum. You can also do a search on "Everburn". Everburn is the trade name for a similar combustion system used in the VC Dutch West.

I have a Lopi Leyden which also has the "Down Draft" combustion system. This is my first year with it as well. So far I'm happy with it but I still have yet to get into the 24/7 burn cycles.

The dealer that I bought my Leyden from burns a Harmon 300 and states even though he has many choices of stoves to use, he is sticking with his Harmon TL 300.

Status
Not open for further replies.