Harman TL200 Afterburner Glass Missing?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh Hufford

Dec 24, 2012
Jefferson City, Missouri
Hi Everyone, just joined. A little over a week ago I bought a used Harman TL200 stove from a local dealer, and had them install it along with a liner in the masonry chimney in my home. I've used wood stoves for many years throughout my life so I'm used to operating one, but this is the first time I've used one with any type of secondary burner. Since we have had it I've had draw problems when the secondary burner is engaged and we get a smoke smell in the house unless we burn the fire really hot, which will overheat the house. I read the manual for a second time last night to make sure I was operating the stove properly, and only using the secondary burner at the appropriate time, which I am. I read in the manual about the "Afterburner Glass" which I never could find on the stove, and wondered where it was. Finally after carefully looking at the exploded parts diagram, I realized this "glass" is inside the stove, at the top of the of the "Afterburner Hood" or at least that is what the manual calls it. When I went to load the stove this am, I wanted to see this glass and noticed that there was nothing there! So I'm guessing this is an important part to the stove. Could this be causing the draw problems I've been having? I'm thinking I'm probably loosing some efficiency also. I left a message with the dealer, and I know they will take care of this, but I don't expect to hear back from them until after the holiday, I just hope the part is still available. I did read one review online where someone was complaining about there stove because this glass broke and they were sent a piece of metal to replace it with. So I guess I could always have a piece of metal made worst case.

Thanks for any input.

Thanks Ernie. I still need the clips to hold it in place however. I talked to another dealer that was open today 35 miles away, they can get me the glass with clips for about $45 in about a week if for some reason the dealer I purchased it from can't. I'll probably order that so I can get the clips, then down the road if I ever need another just have a piece of metal made.

Status
Not open for further replies.