Harman vs Quadrafire for service?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jefrobie

Feb 12, 2024
Oldtown Idaho
Hi all, long time reader but first time poster. Trying to choose between Quadrafire & Harman. I have a Quad dealer close for potential service, but nearest Harman dealer is 50 miles out. The Harman dealer (who sells both) suggest the Quad as it’s easier to replace parts, program & service as I wasn’t close to a Harman dealer. Thoughts on this? I’m leaning to a Harman P43 stove at this point.

Hi all, long time reader but first time poster. Trying to choose between Quadrafire & Harman. I have a Quad dealer close for potential service, but nearest Harman dealer is 50 miles out. The Harman dealer (who sells both) suggest the Quad as it’s easier to replace parts, program & service as I wasn’t close to a Harman dealer. Thoughts on this? I’m leaning to a Harman P43 stove at this point.
I don't know I always found harmans easier to work on

For maintenance, the P series Harman stoves are the best.

Reactions: railfanron
My P43 has only needed service once that I couldn't do my self. My P61a has never needed a service I couldn't do myself (and I'm just barely handy). The maintenance/service is pretty easy and straightforward for the P-series Harmans.

Quad, all day long...