harman xxv blower issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

catmas

Dec 24, 2011
central MA
Can anyone help me? My blower works fine but when I walk out of the room and come back the blower is working just not at full strength the way I left it. If I touch the control knob it kicks backup on high. also noticing the pellets are only 90 percent burned before dropping in the ash pan. Using cubex for the last year. Way too much ash for the price actually like newp.

Sounds like two different issues to me. The "pot" or potentiometer which is your fan control is more than likely starting to fail, a very common problem. I have found that twisting it back and forth quickly sometimes helps.
The other issue may be the quality of your Cubex. There have been many complaints about them as far as quality is concerned. What are the stove settings you are using?

Could it be that the blower setting you have set is too high for the heat output and it begins to cool down the stove too much, thus the stove overriding your setting? I know when I had my XXV the fan speed would ramp up or down depending on heat output, even though I had it on a lower setting for a quieter operation. If I walked up and touched the fan control, it would temporarily go back to my setting, but like you indicated, the stove would override my selection at some point.

It would help to know your settings, as suggested.

Sounds like two different issues to me. The "pot" or potentiometer which is your fan control is more than likely starting to fail, a very common problem. I have found that twisting it back and forth quickly sometimes helps.
The other issue may be the quality of your Cubex. There have been many complaints about them as far as quality is concerned. What are the stove settings you are using?
I have It at room temp jystc above 70. Feed rate at 3 and blower to high. At stove temp it ran through pellets. Thanks for helping.

[john193, post: 1623454, member: 13287"]Could it be that the blower setting you have set is too high for the heat output and it begins to cool down the stove too much, thus the stove overriding your setting? I know when I had my XXV the fan speed would ramp up or down depending on heat output, even though I had it on a lower setting for a quieter operation. If I walked up and touched the fan control, it would temporarily go back to my setting, but like you indicated, the stove would override my selection at some point.

It would help to know your settings, as suggested.[/quote]
Im going to turn up temp and see if the fan goes up without me touching the knob. Thanks for helping.

[john193, post: 1623454, member: 13287"]Could it be that the blower setting you have set is too high for the heat output and it begins to cool down the stove too much, thus the stove overriding your setting? I know when I had my XXV the fan speed would ramp up or down depending on heat output, even though I had it on a lower setting for a quieter operation. If I walked up and touched the fan control, it would temporarily go back to my setting, but like you indicated, the stove would override my selection at some point.

It would help to know your settings, as suggested.Im going to turn up temp and see if the fan goes up without me touching the knob. Thanks for helping.
You might want to turn up your feed rate a bit with this cold. Also, is the switch in auto or manual?

Status
Not open for further replies.