Harman XXV turns off after filling hopper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever Dude said:
So i burned 2 or 3 bags successfully before the problem happened again today. Since it's saturday, i was able to watch it happen. It appears that I am getting some bridging. After filling today, the stove shut down. Typically when the auger turns, i can hear the pellets dropping down into the auger. I let it run for several fill cycles, and couldnt hear a single pellet dropping. So i poked a stick down into the pellets, and I could feel a point where the resistance decreased (once i poked through the bridge). It does appear there are some pretty long pellets in this latest bag, so maybe that is working against me.

I guess i'm still amazed that it would only seem to happen right after filling, and not at some other random time.

Yah, but why no blink status ?

Checkthisout said:
Whatever Dude said:
So i burned 2 or 3 bags successfully before the problem happened again today. Since it's saturday, i was able to watch it happen. It appears that I am getting some bridging. After filling today, the stove shut down. Typically when the auger turns, i can hear the pellets dropping down into the auger. I let it run for several fill cycles, and couldnt hear a single pellet dropping. So i poked a stick down into the pellets, and I could feel a point where the resistance decreased (once i poked through the bridge). It does appear there are some pretty long pellets in this latest bag, so maybe that is working against me.

I guess i'm still amazed that it would only seem to happen right after filling, and not at some other random time.

Isn't that something? A few posts later and thanks to other readers you have found your problem. Imagine being a tech from a Stove Shop trying to get your problem resolved. He would think you were crazy and lying and you would think he was a jerk for giving you horrible customer service.

Think of how long it would have taken you to figure that out without the help of this forum. :)

The internet, and this forum, are wonderful things.
Thanks to all for their input and assistance.

chris288 said:
Whatever Dude said:

Yah, but why no blink status ?

Does it stop blinking after a certain number of hours?
On Sunday, i planned to run the hopper till it was empty (so I could vacuum fines, hit it with some pledge, etc. to try and stop the bridging).
We were gone all day sunday, but when i got home...nearly empty hopper, no flame, and no status light. At this point I'm not sure if I AM supposed to get a light when running outta pellets.

If you run it out of pellets you will definitely get the blink status, although it will try and re-start for a specified amount of time before going into 6 blink.

chris288 said:
If you run it out of pellets you will definitely get the blink status, although it will try and re-start for a specified amount of time before going into 6 blink.

Odd. I got no blinks...at least I think so.

I can't honestly say I looked for blinks, cause I had intended to run the hopper until empty anyway. I'll check for blinks next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.