Harman XXV will not shut off.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean McKinney

Jan 8, 2015
Fairless Hills, PA 19030
I have a Harman XXV purchase in 2012. The stove will not turn off when I put the "stove temp" "room temp" dial in the off position. I have to manually unplug the unit. How do I solve this issue? Is this a computer board issue?

Stove is cleaned and vacuumed each week and piping is done in the fall!
Usually we turn it on Off when we go up to bed around 11 but have noticed it is still running around 3am.

I'd pull the ESP & wipe it down with whatever it is that you use on the stove glass. The stove won't shut down until the exhaust temp drops to 90::F.
Once that temp hits 90::Fthe pellets will stop feeding. If the ESP is dirty, it may NEVER reach 90::F.

Reactions: Pellet_Pete
If the ESP is dirty, it may NEVER reach 90::F.

I've had this experience when stove is overdue for cleaning & using dirtier pellets. To accelerate shutdown, I've scooped all the embers out of the burn pot and into the ash pan, dumped the ash pan in the steel bucket outside, and let the combustion fan run with the door cracked (or just the OAK air will do it too). I've never felt comfortable just unplugging it - would rather the stove shut down on its own terms.

Would you know where I can get to the ESP?

Remove the right, rear access panel - the ESP inserts straight down into the exhaust path probably held in with a self-tapping screw. Unscrew it & gently wiggle it up and out. I gauge how dirty mine is by how much resistance there is to removal & I wipe it down with a wet paper towel.

Reactions: DAKSY
ESP is very important to the running of the stove and needs to be cleaned almost as often as the ash bin needs emptying.

I do not see a panel that is easily accessible. Do I have to remove the entire pipe to get to it?

Harman XXV will not shut off.

Watch this one. It'll show you how the other side is removed. The right side should come off the same way.

Would you know where I can get to the ESP?
Either read your manual or download a copy if you don't have one. It will show the location and how to get to to it. Best to have a copy by your side when you clean. Also, it only needs a wipedown. I use a paper towel and Windex. Carefully removing it to clean rather than leaving it in place is, IMO, the best way to do this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.