Harmon Accentra a Distribution Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Napafred

Oct 5, 2014
Saco, Maine
My Harmon FP insert has an issue in that the igniter stopped working and the distribution blower doesn't come on although the light does! I have bench tested the distribution blower and it works fine. I have lit the stove using the "manual" setting and the combustion blower works fine, when the stove comes up to temp the distribution blower light comes on but the blower motor doesn't!
Any thoughts or past experiences would be appreciated..

if you bench tested it and it worked fine then it shouldn't be a motor problem, only thing left is wiring from the control board to the blower wire connection or a control board problem. There have been times upon further inspection of the male/female quick disconnect something was wrong, male spade was missing inside the insulation portion or a bad connection to the wire, etc. I would look at every wire connection and wire from the board connection to the blower connection carefully, if everything is good it could be a bad control board.

No it is not common but it is possible. I don't have a working knowledge of how the control boards work, but I have certainly seen bad control boards. Things you could try doing is testing for voltage with a meter but that can be tricky with an insert. If you know someone else that has a harman that wouldn't mind you swapping your control board onto their stove that is a good way of narrowing it down from a stove issue to a board issue.

Not sure if that is similar to yours but my xxv had similar issue. The way i understand is that when my xxv calls for blower, it does not start at full speed but it will start slower before building up speed with temperature. when you bench test it, there is enough power to overcome bearing resistance and it will spin, however at lover voltage, it won't. when i checked with my finger, i could feel there was resistance (when idle obviously). i simply stripped that blower, cleaned and greased bearings and that was two years ago and it's still working.
Another way to isolate controller issue, partially strip wires going to blower and put volt meter to them. When controller calls for blower (light comes on) you should read some voltage in there. hope this makes sense.

My Harmon FP insert has an issue in that the igniter stopped working and the distribution blower doesn't come on although the light does! I have bench tested the distribution blower and it works fine. I have lit the stove using the "manual" setting and the combustion blower works fine, when the stove comes up to temp the distribution blower light comes on but the blower motor doesn't!
Any thoughts or past experiences would be appreciated..

I have owned the Acentra insert for about 7 years. After 2 : years, I decided to light my pellets manually. If the auto light fails, it could be the "heating coil" (I don't know the name of the part name) that heats up the pellet. There is a "mean time before failure" (mtbf) for that part. My unit has a "test" where the auger and blower will move which would bectest of its functionality.

I can tell you that when turn off my stove, the stoce doesn't turn off untill it runs out of pellets but will run at a slow rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.