Harmon accentra insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ann

Oct 26, 2013
Swanzey, NH
Just saw this site and wondering if someone can help. My pellet stove turns on. Did the blower test and blower works fine but nothing else seems to be working. I get no auger sound so it is not feeding pellets at all. Thing is it can be on for hours and I will not get a status error light . Not sure what to look for. Cleaned out the chamber and it was full but all clean now. Am I missing something. Of course it is a weekend so can't call my local shop and gets hints help so anything I get here is great.

Best bet would be posting this in the Pellet Stove section . . . this section tends to be for questions or comments about the actual website. If you post there (or perhaps a kind hearted moderator will move this there for you) folks should be more than happy to help you out and get you on your way to heating the home.

Welcome to the forum.

Moved, thanks for catching it Jake.

Have your manual ? If not you can download one off Harman stove site. Have a fair problem solving check list. We will guide you through if we can. How old of stove? Igniter switched to auto? Temp set to several degrees more than room?

And yes have the manual and cleaned out everything that it shows including the chamber which I didn't know about till I got the manual but I can do the test for the blower and it turns on but nothing else. Without doing the feed on test for the blower you just get a light soundd, soft motor hum is about it. And my status lights never show any error codes.

You found it.

;lol;lol

It is probably 5 years old and I clean it regularly although never knew about the chanber but that is set now. My ex said a few years back that the motherboard was going but he never changed it as well as other things he should have been fixing. I can clean but can't do that but may have to try. Power goes to it, all lights are on when plugged in. Now just was hoping to get it running till I can move as we have to sell the house. I have been able to use it up till this past time, so last time was spring. Wasnt sure if I should take all the pellets out and seee if the auger is stuck but it isn't even making any sound at all coming from the auger so not sure if I am wasting my time

If you have no exhaust fan you can't draw a vacuum. If no vacuum the stove won't start the pellet feed. Getting a hum is not a good sign. Could be the fan is stuck? Can you access the fan and try to spin it to check? If the stove was not run empty of pellets there may be a plug of swelled pellets. Getting ahead of step one.

So maybe tomorrow I will check the auger and empty (vaccum out) all pellets and see what I ssee ther and double check the exhaust fans. My son has to pull it as I can't. 52 with a heart condition thats why the e x left wfor a 33 year old. Hopefully that is it but we'll see. So a hum in a bad thing? It is not a motor sound or anything like that.

Stuck motor can hum. Unfortunately the swelled pellets will be down the feed tube and may Need the auger and motor assembly to be removed. Not a fun project. If one tackles it take some pics before so one has a reference to fall back on.

Yeah, sounds like a sunday project with my son tomorrow and see what we can get moving if anything at all. Crossing my fingers cause I love my stove and the heat it puts out. Only source of heat we have had since shortly after installing it. Furnace has since broken, another project the ex ignored is useless as he is so hoping I can get it going again.

Good luck, I have to burn some pheasant habitat tomorrow.

Yeah. This old lady isn't so useless after all. Thanks for the help. Listened to all directions and my stove is now humming along nicely heating up the house. thanks for the help.

Reactions: BrotherBart
Yeah. This old lady isn't so useless after all. Thanks for the help. Listened to all directions and my stove is now humming along nicely heating up the house. thanks for the help.
What was the problem?

Tried to turn one of the fans in the back and cleaned out a part I didn't realize I should have been cleaning and all of a sudden I turned it off and ash started going everywhere, which was a good thing cause even though I got a messs it was working. Did have to start it manually since it was pushing out pellets like crazy and have done it manually many times before but it has been going now for about 3 hours. I think I was concentrating on too many things lately instead of getting the stove ready.

Tried to turn one of the fans in the back and cleaned out a part I didn't realize I should have been cleaning and all of a sudden I turned it off and ash started going everywhere, which was a good thing cause even though I got a messs it was working. Did have to start it manually since it was pushing out pellets like crazy and have done it manually many times before but it has been going now for about 3 hours. I think I was concentrating on too many things lately instead of getting the stove ready.
Good to have heat again, Good luck in keeping it running and you have a bit more knowledge to keep it running.

Yeah I am happy. It is just to keep it going for a bit anyway. Unfortunately I can't afford the house and my soon to be ex did so much 1/2 ass that we wont get much for it either so holding on till hopefully my son can qualify for a mortgage cause he needs a place to go too.

Status
Not open for further replies.