Harmon P68 won't ignite

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CBurton

Jan 5, 2015
NH
Good day,

Pellet stove just stopped igniting. I turned down the temp a couple hrs ago as the sun was warming up the house and now I tried to turn it up and it just feeds pellets into the hopper and no flame comes about. Pellets were falling into the ash pan. Any ideas of why this is happening. Stove was weekly cleaned yesterday and the stove itself is almost a year old

Igniter led coming on the control panel? Did you clean the igniter assembly area yesterday too?
Welcome, we should get you running one way or other:)

Igniter led coming on the control panel? Did you clean the igniter assembly area yesterday too?
Welcome, we should get you running one way or other:)
Is that the box underneath with the two screws and a plate? If so I cleaned it today

Is that the box underneath with the two screws and a plate? If so I cleaned it today

Yes, that is where the igniter is. Can you please let Bioburner know if the igniter LED is coming on at the control panel? He is one of the experts on Harmans on this forum.

Oh, and welcome!

Could be that the igniter is no good and not heating up as it should. Most of the time Harman igniters last several years and I think if the stove is still under warranty will be replaced at no charge. You could for the short term try a manual start. Its described in the manual and set the igniter to manual and the stove will not cycle on or off but go into maintenance burn as we are into a cold snap anyway. Just make sure the exhaust fan is running Several tricks to get the stoves to start if you have a problem with the Harman way to start the stove. Good luck

Could be that the igniter is no good and not heating up as it should. Most of the time Harman igniters last several years and I think if the stove is still under warranty will be replaced at no charge. You could for the short term try a manual start. Its described in the manual and set the igniter to manual and the stove will not cycle on or off but go into maintenance burn as we are into a cold snap anyway. Just make sure the exhaust fan is running Several tricks to get the stoves to start if you have a problem with the Harman way to start the stove. Good luck
Pretty sure the Harman Igniter is 2 yr warranty...
wonder if he dislodged a wire when he cleaned the compartment.
or is that possible/?

Reactions: bogieb
Ok. First off, is the igniter heating? Smartly rap your cleaning tool on the front top of the firepot several times. Then try firing the stove from a clean firepot. GINGERLY feel the top of the pellets after a minute has passed after the initial pellet feed. BE CAREFUL!! You can possibly burn ypurself. Warm? Hot? Cold? How long have you given it to ignite?

Status
Not open for further replies.