harmon tl300 help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokey beaver

Hearth Supporter
Oct 25, 2008
ohio
Hi, again don't know if anyone is out there but i have a quick question when you speak of starting up your reburn does that mean closing the flue!

No that means you close the bypass!! I take it this stove is new for you like many others. In order to close the bypass you have to push the handle of you top load door down. This closes the bypass and may put your stove into afterburn. That depnds on the temp, coal bed, temp outside, dry wood etc.......

Do a search on the TL 300 any many of your questions will be answered by individulas with this stove and people that have similar stoves..

Welcome!! Im guessing that this is a new stove that you got!Before you activate the afterburn there our a few things to do.
1-Built a good fire with the stove damper open and the air control lever out.(stove fan off if it has one)
2-When a deep hot coal bed is formed (2 inches) then close the damper and you should hear a sound of air being sucked in the back of the stove!Also no smoke exiting the house.stove should be hot enough to run fan at this point.Afterburn is running now.
3-Close the air flow control in steps to a point where you stop!depends on your draft.If you close it too much with not too much draft the afterburn will end.
4-During the coal stage your afterburn will cut off!but thats ok since there is very little more smoke to burn.

Remember to read the manual and there are other harman users out here that can help!
Enjoy your stove!I have the TL200 exeption wood insert oad love it! Take care! stan

Status
Not open for further replies.