Harmon XXV pellet - Maine's Choice Vs. CleanFire Pacific

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bclmread

Jan 11, 2008
NH
Just wanted to post some results of testing I did...

I have a Harman XXV in its first year of service...last spring I had purchased 4 tons of Maine's Choice pellets...was relatively happy with them in a previous stove...I had seen some discussions here about the amount of ash put out by the XXV.

With the Maine's Choice pellet, I had to empty the overflowing ash pan twice a week, when burning about 1.5 bags per day...this was excessive ash in my opinion.

I bought 7 bags of the Cleanfire Pacific pellet and ran them though a clean stove...after 7 bags, there was less than 1 inch of ash in the pan...I figure I could burn for at least two weeks before the pan would fill up.

I will be going with the more expensive Cleanfire pellet for next season...

Maine's Choice was about $230 per ton, Cleanfire Pacific is about $280 per ton...

The Cleanfire pellet is rated to put out more heat too...

We must have gotten the same batch of pellets. Check out my "PREMIUM" pellet thread I just started.

I have both these pellets and can tell you that while the MC's are okay, the CFPs are an excellent pellet. I bought 2.6 tons last spring and used a few bags this year just to try out. I will be using them next fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.