Harmon XXV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything around it is smooth and cleans up fine, that area has a slight texture

This is exactly how mine is. I'm convinced now it's not ash/dirt on the glass, but rather an actual issue with the glass and/or coating itself. Maybe the heat from the flames getting too close to the glass when the stove is really rolling on high or if ash causes the flames to redirect outward has compromised the coating in some way. Oh well, like I said, not the biggest issue - more annoying than anything when you clean it, but not noticeable while fire watching! :ZZZ

Reactions: bogieb
Just cleaned my glass with a paper towel a few minutes ago. Have not cleaned it since last post with picture. You can see the cloudiness, I'll hit that with Rutland Saturday, if it is still rough to the touch, the 3M comes out. This spot picks up the most fly ash and is almost always darker than any other part of the glass when dirty.

I'm convinced it is residue (speaking of my stove) as I can remove it with a compound that has a little grit in it. I wonder if that residue can pit the glass if it is not removed at some point and subjected to repeated heat from the burning process.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418350605128.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418350605128.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Reactions: Buckeyesfan75
Status
Not open for further replies.