Has anyone noticed the forum software is a bit messed up?

elkimmeg Posted By elkimmeg, Jul 2, 2006 at 2:43 AM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elkimmeg

elkimmeg
    Guest 2.
    NULL

Spell checker reports no errors when I make plenty and it does not detect them.

When you post, it acts as if It does not receive the submit command. so I have been submitting it twice.

Anyone else notice this behavior?

2. Todd

Todd
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 19, 2005
    Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    Yes, the spell checker hasn't been working for me either. The submit seems to be working tho.

3. adrpga498

adrpga498
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Maybe Dylan will make some more frequent appearances. At least to help with the spell check.

4. webbie

webbie
    Seasoned Moderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 17, 2005
    Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Yeah, you are right. I have to update something...it appears that the spelling checker actually ties in the google for the spell check and that google changed the URL (address) of the service.

The SW company already has an update, so all I need is an extra 1/2 hour and I can fix it.

5. Mo Heat

Mo Heat
    Mod Emeritus 2.
    NULL

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    St. Louis, Missouri
    I hope this next upgrade removes viewing history from the client cookie and puts it into the db. Or at least fixes the viewing history function, too. (That's the dark and light colored thread headers for those interested or having the same problem as Mo.)

Craig, sometimes links like to google spell checker appear as environment variables (or changable parameters tucked away somewhere in the configuration interface). That way you can change them without recompiling or upgrading the binary (whichever the case may be).

6. wg_bent

wg_bent
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 19, 2005
    Loc:
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    "Plenty", Sorry Elk...but that's got to be the biggest understatement of the year on hearthnet. ;-)

7. elkimmeg

elkimmeg
    Guest 2.
    NULL

I count on the spell checker to clean up my act. If anyone needs it I do. But I will remember your scartastic statement and remember to bust your chops later. Happy fourth everbody.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.