1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Has anyone noticed the forum software is a bit messed up?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by elkimmeg, Jul 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

Spell checker reports no errors when I make plenty and it does not detect them.

When you post, it acts as if It does not receive the submit command. so I have been submitting it twice.

Anyone else notice this behavior?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    Yes, the spell checker hasn't been working for me either. The submit seems to be working tho.
  3. adrpga498

adrpga498 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    New Jersey
    Maybe Dylan will make some more frequent appearances. At least to help with the spell check.
  4. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Yeah, you are right. I have to update something...it appears that the spelling checker actually ties in the google for the spell check and that google changed the URL (address) of the service.

The SW company already has an update, so all I need is an extra 1/2 hour and I can fix it.
  5. Mo Heat

Mo Heat Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    St. Louis, Missouri
    I hope this next upgrade removes viewing history from the client cookie and puts it into the db. Or at least fixes the viewing history function, too. (That's the dark and light colored thread headers for those interested or having the same problem as Mo.)

Craig, sometimes links like to google spell checker appear as environment variables (or changable parameters tucked away somewhere in the configuration interface). That way you can change them without recompiling or upgrading the binary (whichever the case may be).
  6. wg_bent

wg_bent Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    "Plenty", Sorry Elk...but that's got to be the biggest understatement of the year on hearthnet. ;-)
  7. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

I count on the spell checker to clean up my act. If anyone needs it I do. But I will remember your scartastic statement and remember to bust your chops later. Happy fourth everbody.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.