Hauling issue remedied

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy Rivers

Minister of Fire
Feb 7, 2010
NW Oregon
Well, since my stroke and then selling our dump truck, the issue of hauling nut shells in for the stoves has been a real worry.

I have been watching Craigs list and othe places, looking for a 4 yard dumpster, to no avail.

Went to the local garbage collection company yesterday and asked about a rental, which was not going to be cost effective, plus their dumpsters were nasty smelly yuuuuuuuuuck

So I got the phone number of the company they get the dumpsters from, and to my joy, they are fairly close, and their prices are reasonable.

A new 4 yard dumpster was about $500 picked up.

4 yards will fill 14 55 gallon barrels. A barrel will last about 5 days under cold weather conditions.

I would really like to have a larger dumpster but the 4 yard will do fine.

Really glad to get this issue close to being resolved

Snowy

Glad to hear things are working out.

Great news Snowy. Hope everything is all going in the right direction ! !

Good to hear from you, Snowy. Bad to hear about the stroke. Hope all is well now. I envy you with the nut shells. What a cost savings! Take care of yourself.

Thanks troops
Yup, will post some pix when we get the chance

Got some good news yesterday.
Finally got insurance to cover my needed surgery, and this will really help.

Things are moving in a positive direction now it seems.

It's tough doing even the little stuff now.
It takes two of us to clean the stoves and pack in shells.

I have needed a cane to help with walking, and trying to carry a pail of shells is dificult now.

OH well, just have to work though it.

Took us both to clean the stoves and get them ready to go.
Had an all nighter last night in the little Whit.

Rained cats and dogs last night. Been most of the summer without rain, and yesterday it came in buckets.

Thanx again.

Snowy

Reactions: The Ds
Status
Not open for further replies.