have the v/castings stove going but have a question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

k0wtz

Hearth Supporter
Nov 30, 2010
missouri
ok I have the new valve on the stove I put a robertshaw low profile 710-205 and it works. but I forgot I needed a 2 stage gas valve I think that stove will run at 15btu and 28btus.

I guess in the long run it really wont matter but just wondering what some of you experts would suggest?

thanks

bob

thanks for the information then I guess I would get into 24v operation also with a thermostat. I cant figure out how my unvented pro-com accomplishes this.

do you know? all help appreciated!

thanks

bob

I asked a question but I guess it didn't post. Thanks for the information but then i would have to go to a 24v thermostat setup i am thinking. how does procom accomplish this do you know? i have one and as you raise the thermostat on the gas valve you can run the flame up and down!

bob

If you have a 24V system, you probably have a stepper valve. What I said earlier about the variable regulator applies to the MilliVolt Valve...
Not sure HOW you make your system work...Sorry.
There may be someone else in here that can be of more assistance...

If you have a 24V system, you probably have a stepper valve. What I said earlier about the variable regulator applies to the MilliVolt Valve...
Not sure HOW you make your system work...Sorry.
There may be someone else in here that can be of more assistance...
bob here is what I put in there I put in a robertshaw 710 205 gas valve it works but as you suggested I need a variable regulator can you check for me to see if Robert shaw has something. I have looked and looked and don't see it the valve is a simple snap action pilot and shut off I went as simple as I could but now I would like to be able to regulate the gas flow up and down. thanks bob