Head Gear

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Minister of Fire
Dec 22, 2008
Schoharie County, N Y
OK last year I got a pair of Stihl chaps. This year I would like to get something to protect my noggin. I'm thinking helmet with face protection and hearing protection. Just wondering what other people are using and if they like it.
Thanks

I have 2 stihl head systems that do the job well. Bailey has some other ones that look good as well

Jack,
I bought the Husqvarna Pro Helmet at Lowe's a few weeks ago for $38 with a coupon. It works very well, the earmuffs are nice and fold out of the way, but I notice it slips a bit on my head--I haven't tried adjusting it too much, though, so it might be a simple fix.

S

I would say that any of the "logger helmets" with the combo hard hat, face shield and ear-muffs would be great, I don't see a lot of difference in them, however one thing that I DON'T have in my current Husky helmet that I will insist on in the next one is to get a "quick adjust" knob type size adjuster.

IMHO the tab style adjusters are a nuisance to use, and I'm one that likes to sometimes wear a sweatband when cutting in the summer, or a hat liner when cutting in the winter, so the size I need varies a little bit... Also with the knob adjuster you can snug it up a little after you put the hat on, which makes it flop around a bit less.

Gooserider

I got this one from Labonville, $29.95 and it has the visor/screen, ear muffs, and a very comfortable headband with the quick-adjust knob. It's well made and is holding up well, for $30 I don't think you can beat it......

NP

I love my Stihl helmet system. Very comfy, easy to adjust, ear muffs flip out, etc and so on. I'd highly reccommend one...

Thank you, xmas will be here before you know it and I need to put in my request soon.

I have the Stihl helmet, and am more than happy with it's performance. I chose the Stihl one over the other units available because of the size of the visor. The other ones seemed to be a bit smaller, and I felt better with the larger visor.

Status
Not open for further replies.