Head lamp for cleaning stove..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyray

Minister of Fire
Does anyone use those strap on headlamps to put on your head for cleaning inside your stove so as not to need or use a flashlight..
what brand do you use..

No, just a flashlight if I need any light at all. Sometimes around back of the stove I use one of the 6 volt latern/ lamps.

Reactions: Former Farmer
Absolutely. I just grab whichever one is handy since I have many. My favorite is the Princeton Tec Vizz.

I use a small magnetic LED worklight that I can stick right inside the stove. I move it around a couple of times as I work in different areas.

Reactions: vinny11950
I love using my headlamp for it, make it much easier since that corner of the room is a little dark anyway. Mine happens to be a Princeton, but I'd go with what's reviewed well on Amazon. I've used an old energinzer one in the past, but my kids use it now and i never know where it is.

Tony, I use them all the time. I have used one cleaning my stove etc; because it keeps both hands free. I've used regular flashlights also or whatever I need or grab at the time. I find these helpful and have had several over the years. I use them around my place here also or for work for the same reason of being able to use both hands for working, carrying, and such. They make cheap ones you could try out for a go but you get what you pay for there like other things. I have had some last for many years.

Reactions: Tonyray
My pellet stove is on a glassed in porch, it's pretty bright in there, in the daytime.

I rarely need a flashlight to do anything on the pellet stove, well, maybe for checking the hopper at night.

I have dozens of those free Harbor Freight led flashlights to take care of my flashlight needs.

No, just a flashlight if I need any light at all. Sometimes around back of the stove I use one of the 6 volt latern/ lamps.
Noticed when I scrape the burnpot and all looks clean,
as soon as I hit it with flashlight, I find a few layers of carbon that I didn't get..

Been using a headlight for years, my granddaughter at age 4 thought it was so cool I had to get her one.

Noticed when I scrape the burnpot and all looks clean,
as soon as I hit it with flashlight, I find a few layers of carbon that I didn't get..
Yes.

I use headlamp a lot. So much more convenient to have your hands free. I'd use a cheapie energizer from the department store since this is pretty filthy work if I was buying one now and didn't already have a slew of several nice lights. I use Zebralights which are great for either headlamp, handheld, or pocket carry. I always have one as my EDC, perfect light for that IMO. I guess more designed for the flashlight nerd you could say, with special user interface to access many modes, very high efficient drivers, water and dustproof, all metal housing yet very lightweight, single cell operation, available in multiple LED tints and cri, and clear or frosted lens options as well as full flood. I really like the compact single AA H52w which will fit in the change pocket of most of my pants (without the headlamp strap). Plenty enough strength for most things even with a regular AA, or a nice pocket rocket if you use li-ion AA.

Reactions: Tonyray
I use the energizer ones for everything , at work and at home.
I find most of the cheaper ones are too bulky and get hung up when I'm working in small areas or don't adjust well, while the smaller ones tend to get expensive fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.