"Heart attack" snow

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yooperdave

Minister of Fire
Oct 26, 2010
Michigan's U.P.
Well, we ended up with about 14" of snow from the last system that blew in. Started early in the morning and ended by noon. I think it was about 3:30 or 4:30 a.m. when it started. Not bad for eight hours, huh?
Only thing is, this is a heavy snow due to the temperature of the air...upper 20's lower 30's. Very heavy! Not much you can do but grab a shovelful and then walk to where you want it thrown; then repeat. I'm not sure, but I think I heard earlier that it was supposed to move east. About the whole u.p. was affected with closures and cancellations. I know it came up from the south as some of the places in Wisconsin that are a bit south of me ended up with anywhere from 16" to 24". So, it could've been worse!

The reason it's called heart attack snow is that many a person has had an attack while shoveling this type of heavy snow.
It is snowing again, right now. I suppose I should go check on 99's progress, point out the places she missed, and let her know I'm starting to get hungry!!! Kinda hope she's done shoveling, by now.

Make sure you let her read this post when she comes in from shoveling and heads to the kitchen. :ahhh:

I predict that if you're looking for a change, you won't see anything for at least two days. Then the swelling will begin to go down and you'll begin seeing at least some things from one eye.

Dave, we had no need for it so just sent it to you.

Only got about 4" down here a lil north of Green Bay.

School district still called it cause they were expecting more throughout the day, never happened.

So I volunteered to stay home with the kiddos and sent the wife off to work. :)

yooperdave said:
....It is snowing again, right now. I suppose I should go check on 99's progress, point out the places she missed, and let her know I'm starting to get hungry!!! Kinda hope she's done shoveling, by now.
:lol: How does that snow shovel taste?

That snow shovel would be shoved right up your a$$ Dave.....just sayin'... :coolgrin: :lol: :lol:

We're about 1/2 way thru & have about 5" on the ground...
All schools are closed & there are accidents all over the place...
Haven't shoveled yet, so maybe I'll avoid the heart attack &
just trudge out to get the snowblower in a coupla hours...Gonna
call the boss & tell him we'll get to work when we get there...

My turn to be Mr. Mom today. :cheese:

Some area's east of me had power issues do to the heavy wet crap. Anyone else loose power?

Remind me not to point out gamma's mistakes! Ouch!!! :lol:

We got about 5" of white cement in our parts today. Not looking forward to blowing the slush tonight...

all told, about 10" by me. Was an easy morning...had the wife out there cleaning off my car whilst I sipped coffee. She said she couldn't clean all the snow off the roof...too short or something, whatever. She does a pretty good job with the steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.