hearth furnaces

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

yasir

Hearth Supporter
Apr 6, 2007
hi
i'm new to this forum
my name is yasir
i wanna know about hearth,vaccumm,innduction furnaces
can anybody help me
if yes
then give me the complete details about the working,construction and calculations relating to heat transfer for these furnaces
i'll be thankful to u
and appreciate ur efforts

reyvun said:
hi
i'm new to this forum
my name is yasir
i wanna know about hearth,vaccumm,innduction furnaces
can anybody help me
if yes
then give me the complete details about the working,construction and calculations relating to heat transfer for these furnaces
i'll be thankful to u
and appreciate ur efforts

Hi...welcome to the forum.....just guessing here but it seems like a proper answer would require delving heavily into more engineering than would normally be available on a forum like this...just guessing....any takers?

Hi reyvun. Can you describe what you are looking into? A hearth, vacuum induction furnace is how I would describe a pellet stove. Is that what you are asking about?

I suppose even a wood burning insert qualifies as a hearth mounted, vacuum induction, btu producer. Not forced induction but suckage none the less.

Which fuel type are you interested in?

Do you intend this appliance to be quipped with ducts to blow the heat through your home or to blow heat from its front?

Do you want to see fire?

hi
i want the these know about them from industrial and engineering point of view
plz i want it urgently in 1 or 2 days
if it's difficult to post here
send me on my email id
[email protected]
or tell me the sites frm where can i get information on these topics
thanks

I think he (you) is looking for info on metal melting furnaces - that's what those things are.
Sorry, but we only have info on wood burning residential heating furnaces, which are quit different!

This manufacturer was near where I used to live and is considered one of the best:
http://www.inductotherm.com/

you can start there if you have not been there already.

why do I detect an "over urgency" on the need for technical furnace data??????? What's so critical that you need it in 1-2 days??? Please tell us the application and we can direct you to the correct engineering expert in this area. Thanks.

Cast, you know those furnaces are what you need for lots of "goodies". Heck, it's cold out and we need some more cast stoves!

Then again, they have units that be used for exotic metals......but, don't worry, I know a couple of people who worked there in production and customer service - and they don't sell to just anybody. The owner of the place, BTW, is Rowan - as in Rowan University in Southern NJ. Rowan gave them 100 million for a new engineering school - IF they named the college after him...

Rowan sounds as good or better than "Glassboro State College" now, doesn't it.

And while we are talking trivia, quick - what happened at Glassboro?
Times up! Here it is:
"The campus received worldwide attention when it hosted the historic summit conference in Hollybush Mansion between President Lyndon Johnson and Soviet Premier Aleksei Kosygin. The College was chosen because of its strategic location midway between Washington, D.C. and New York, where Kosygin was making a speech to the United Nations. The meetings between the two leaders on June 23 and 25, 1967 led to a thaw in the Cold War and eased world tensions."

Anyway, I heard Inductotherm is a terrible place to work - they abuse their employees - not kidding! They would fire managers and then double and triple the workload on other managers - until the breaking point. A bunch of the managers ended up divorced, a suicide or two - a real nightmare!

Not exactly the Henry Ford of our generation - but the guy is pretty much self-made and has a number of businesses there (all metal related) along with a private air strip and jet. They do have to fly all over the world to bring a spare part for an emergency here and there - can't have that titanium melting furnace out of order!

Judging by grammar / content I'd guess ESL, probably outside the US, but not sure ( Craig, does his IP suggest anything?) might well be student looking to crib info for a paper - can't think of any other reason why there would be such great urgency...

Gooserider

Gooserider said:
Judging by grammar / content I'd guess ESL, probably outside the US, but not sure ( Craig, does his IP suggest anything?) might well be student looking to crib info for a paper - can't think of any other reason why there would be such great urgency...

Gooserider

I can..........

It's killing me. Am I imagining a subtle reference to something shady? I'm trying to imagine the kind of "goodies" that can be made in a blast furnace like would be used for melting metals. Crucible, refractory cement, etc. I am into metal working and love to weld, heat, and bend metal. I even thought about casting some aluminum to give it a try and found all sorts of homemade propane powered forges.

Highbeam said:
It's killing me. Am I imagining a subtle reference to something shady? I'm trying to imagine the kind of "goodies" that can be made in a blast furnace like would be used for melting metals. Crucible, refractory cement, etc. I am into metal working and love to weld, heat, and bend metal. I even thought about casting some aluminum to give it a try and found all sorts of homemade propane powered forges.

That's what we're hoping it doesn't do to us..........it might be "killing you" but even the uninformed would be asking the same things we are..........given the way the questions were asked coupled with the grammer used and the urgency to get this information, one is justified in asking these type questions...........don't you think so?

Cast, are you doing this on purpose, toying with me? I noticed the apparent ESL flags but thought nothing of it. I suppose I will have to remain uninformed, unless you want to let me in on the secret.

castiron said:
Gooserider said:

Gooserider

I can..........

Well then spell it out... an outline will do, no need to supply enough details to perform criminal acts...

I agree that there might be nefarious things one could do with a blast furnace setup, but the only circumstance I can think of where:
plz i want it urgently in 1 or 2 days
would apply is an academic or other setting where a grade is at stake. Any other kind of making of things, even illegal things, can wait until the information is gathered by more discrete means...

I work as a substitute teacher, and this reads to me exactly like a student that has put off a major paper / project until the last minute, and is now trying to come up with anything at the last minute... (Generally speaking the result isn't pretty, but neither is the grade...)

Gooserider

The poor guy probably shouldn't have revealed his name. I'm pretty sure that's what got cast's attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.