Hearth mate wood/coal stove install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Usmc13

Sep 13, 2022
CT
Hey everyone, I got this hearthmate wood/coal stove from a family friend for free. It was in bad shape but i was able to sand/polish it back to life. I replaced the fire brick, the gasket and the glass in the front. I would like to install it in the basement of my home. HOwever, i cannot find any information about the stove to find the tolerances, distances and install info to ensure it is up to code. Does anybody have any information on this stove or know if i am even allowed to install a stove this old in a new construction home.

Thanks!

stove.png

^^ It may need to be UL tested and approved.
Ask your insurance company and local inspecting authority about what is required in your jurisdiction.