hearth pad jotul 3 tdic2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jotulburner

Sep 9, 2010
maine
Hello I have a question about hearth pad for a jotul 3 td ci 2. The manual I have just calls for 3/8 inch millboard or equivalent. I see a lot for post regarding r values I cant find any mention of that in my manual. Does any one see a problem with me using plywood then durarock covered with porcelin tiles? How thick should the durarock be? My stove has 8 1/2 inch legs.
Also the back wall is brick should I seal the back seam where pad meets the wall.
thanks

Millboard is an insulation board. Ideally you should have a layer of 3/8" micore or fiberfrax under the cement board. The hearth pad can just abut to the brick.

Status
Not open for further replies.