Hearth related holiday gift ideas?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mar13

Minister of Fire
Nov 5, 2018
California redwood coast
I'm trying to think of hearth related Christmas gifts that aren't terribly pricey.

Here are some things that I have, some of which were gifts:

Moisture meter, coal rake, eco fan, probe thermometer, fire starters, wood tote, soot eater, kindling cracker.

Any other hearth items that you find helpful with your stoves or wood?

Propane torch, fire extinguisher, fire poker set, ash bucket, a nice axe or maul (I'm hoping for the 8lb fiskars maul myself).

a pair of long leather gloves, a spinning wheel (with lots of wool) and a kitty or puppy to enjoy the warmth with.

Reactions: EbS-P
All great ideas so far (I second the gloves (leather and insulated) -- I have a pair and great to put wood into a hot stove).

2015-02-01-12-35-05.jpg

I might add also a hand ax or hatchet. Very useful for making kindling.

Side note: It would be good to know your price range as to what is not terribly pricey. Less than $25? Less than $50? Less than $100? We each I think have different ideas as to what is "not terribly pricey". :cool:

Last edited:
Pulp hook or hookaroon. Firewood bag. Sooteater. Auber at200 temp alarm if I wanted to spend that much.

Not sexy, but CO2 detector and new smoke detectors. The aforementioned fire extinguisher is along the same lines.

Reactions: mar13
All great ideas so far (I second the gloves (leather and insulated) -- I have a pair and great to put wood into a hot stove).

2015-02-01-12-35-05.jpg

I might add also a hand ax or hatchet. Very useful for making kindling.

Side note: It would be good to know your price range as to what is not terribly pricey. Less than $25? Less than $50? Less than $100? We each I think have different ideas as to what is "not terribly pricey". :cool:
I was originally to thinking around $50 USD or less, but then I broke that with the kindling cracker, so I figured I'd leave it up to good judgement of you all to decide. ( I would have never bought the kindling cracker myself but glad a generous friend got it for me as a gift.)

A case of SuperCedars

The auber at200 was 69$ shipped.

I use my firewood sling daily. Not very much money, canvas type.

Nice looking Condar thermometer. Analog style.

A9F323E8-95C7-49B0-B42D-E5EE91DD76C8.jpeg0A8E96AC-6A47-45B5-899E-A60B696A93A8.jpegBut yeah, the push button torch is just 30$ and comes with a year’s supply (1 bottle) of gas.

small bottle of pleasant bourbon

fireplace matches

Chimfex fire extinguisher