hearth replacement fireplace external vent cover, where can i find one?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MRFOXY76

Feb 14, 2010
buford ga
I have 2 fireplaces at my home, wood burning.

one of the covers fell off and last year a bird decided to next in the vent!

i want to replace the covers before more birds come back, i went to lowes and home depot they both told me they do not sell these.

spent alot of time online and cannot find a cover or anything close

see link to pictures

http://gallery.me.com/mrfoxy76#100053

it is made by hearth and measure 6" x 6" the hole is approx 3-1/2" with a grate then hood covering it.

i dont have to have a hearth one just anything that works would be fine!

appreciate any input

marc anderson said:
I have 2 fireplaces at my home, wood burning.

one of the covers fell off and last year a bird decided to next in the vent!

i want to replace the covers before more birds come back, i went to lowes and home depot they both told me they do not sell these.

spent alot of time online and cannot find a cover or anything close

see link to pictures

http://gallery.me.com/mrfoxy76#100053

it is made by hearth and measure 6" x 6" the hole is approx 3-1/2" with a grate then hood covering it.

i dont have to have a hearth one just anything that works would be fine!

appreciate any input

Sorry, never heard of a wood burning fireplace or stove that doesn't end up exhausting straight at the top.
YOu mean these are on a wall? Never heard of that, and not sure its even legal.

Are these vents to bring in outside air? The closest thing I've seen to these before are dryer vents and/or pellet stove vents . . . but in the case of the pelletstove vents they typically go out a foot or so away from the home and of course pelletstoves rely on powered ventilation in most cases vs. a fireplace which generally uses natural drafting and therefore typically vents straight up as Hog mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.