HEARTH STONE II ON THE FLOOR.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjohnyk

May 7, 2007
I have a Heart Stone II.
I had laid down hard wood flooring on my house. Now I would like to take off the stove off of the ugly brick like stand it comes with.
And put it on granite tiles. The granite tiles are 12 x 12 and 3/8" thick.
The question is, Does anyone know codes for doing that and what can I put between the sub floor and the granite?
How thick should it be too.
I use the stove to heat my house in the winter.
I can send pictures of what I have if needed.

I live in St. Charles, Mo

Thanks,
Big John

There are numerous materials you can use.

Get in your owners manual and determine what K and/or R value the hearth should have.

Do a search for the k and/or R values of the materials you intend to construct the hearth from. (Hint: Whitfield Profile 30FS manuals have a good table in them)

Once that information is located you can then determine what thickness of material is required to obtain the correct K value.

Status
Not open for further replies.