HEARTH STOVE PICTURES

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

forvols

Dec 6, 2007
NORTHEAST TN
Could everyone with a hearth stove installed please post a pic. I am going to intall a free standing woodstove on a hearth in front of my prefab fireplace. New SS liner will be attached to a T connector in the FP. Anyway I would like to show my wife the picts so she would better understand and see just how nice the stoves look installed that way.

Still undecided just which stove for this application(it will be in my 26x30 living room with 20ft ceilings). My NC 30 arrived yesterday for the basement(started curing it in the driveway seperate thread).

Thanks
Tony

I'm working on an update to the gallery and there are some additional hearth stoves shown there....
Here are some not yet in the gallery

Attachments

• hearth1.jpg
    hearth1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 540
  • hearth2.jpg
    hearth2.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 535
  • hearth3.jpg
    hearth3.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 524
  • hearth4.jpg
    hearth4.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 534
  • hearth5.jpg
    hearth5.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 514
Webmaster said:
Yeah, surround-less installs are pretty much a hearth stove because with many units (avalon, lopi, etc.) it is actually the same exact unit, just shipped either with legs or a ped when you want it to freestand.

Semantics I guess.

Cool! Then I guess I have a hearth stove! That's what I really would have preferred, but couldn't due to hearth/mantel surround clearances. So instead I just got the most stove-like insert that would fit. It has a cooktop and everything, so I guess it's not all that insert-like other than being low and not having legs. Also the shroud on the back keeps the heat from going up the chimney.

Webmaster said:
I'm working on an update to the gallery and there are some additional hearth stoves shown there....
Here are some not yet in the gallery

Hey, That's mine, second down on the left. Pretty Cool huh? It's an ellipse, not an arc, that I put into the hearth design. If you are interested I can tell you how to calculate it and draw it perfectly on the floor

Thanks everyone, lots of ideas now. You guys have some great looking installs.

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.