Hearth Wiki? Check it out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
I want to start a Wiki which will contain factual articles published and edited by YOU and other visitors to Hearth.com. This will in no way replace our existing forum or content, but be a chance for working together on everything from DIY to Hearth History.

It may seem a bit confusing at first, but if any of you are familiar with Wiki (Wikipedia), it should be easier. If not, you have to either read instructions or look at the code in other articles (you can edit them also.).

For now, please post and edit test articles in the test category - you can view some real articles I am working on in the history cat.

The link: https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/wiki/

Click the "categories" menu on the left to see existing categories and articles.

I am not yet certain how we will set up the final version of this. Wikis are somewhat subject to abuse, although you can tell who did the deed...because it keeps track of all edits. Then again, we can limit editing to registered members and, one step further, can have moderators and editors who must approve all changes before they go live.

Any suggestions welcome.

Craig

craig- Great idea!! I think this will be especially helpful for direction for us new guys. Also, will be more accessible (i think) than trying to search the forums for answers and may cut down on repeat questions to the forum.

Nice work.

Status
Not open for further replies.