Hearthstone Castleton install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WASP

Mar 4, 2014
Pacific NW
I actually did the install last winter but never posted it. I had a water pipe burst and fill my entire house with about an inch of standing water. That ended in an insurance claim and all new flooring. With doing all the work myself, that allowed me to finally buy and install a wood stove.

I had to remove a weird built in corner shelf that the previous owner installed. I installed metal studs, durock cement board, and thin set with slate panels. Got a quote to install the stove and chimney pipe and ultimately decided to do it myself after some research. Wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

Attachments

• install 1.jpg
    install 1.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 286
  • Install 2.jpg
    Install 2.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 303
  • install 3.jpg
    install 3.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 279
  • install 4.jpg
    install 4.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 285
  • install 5.jpg
    install 5.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 267
  • install 6.jpg
    install 6.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 310
  • install 7.jpg
    install 7.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 297
  • install 8.jpg
    install 8.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 299
Reactions: Woody Stover
Very cool-looking alcove. :cool: Looks like top-notch work. I just saw a Castleton at the local shop...nice stove.
Is that like I car, where they declare it a total loss, then cut you a check if you are going to DIY? I just financed some home repairs that way. Heh-heh.

Very cool-looking alcove. :cool: Looks like top-notch work. I just saw a Castleton at the local shop...nice stove.
Is that like I car, where they declare it a total loss, then cut you a check if you are going to DIY? I just financed some home repairs that way. Heh-heh.

Yeah it was kind of wierd, they just sent me a check that had to be endorsed by myself and the mortgage company. I deposited it and the insurance or mortgage co did not ask for any proof of repairs. No requirement for a licensed contractor to do the work or anything. They basically cut me a check and I used the money accordingly.

Very nice looking hearth.

very nice, I think i used the same stone on mine.

Damn that came out nice! The wood next to that stone just does it for me, very very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.