1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Hearthstone Clydesdale

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by USMC80, Apr 12, 2013.

1. USMC80

USMC80 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    New Jersey
    Looking at this unit now. front minimum opening says 31.62 inches. Question for any owners, is there any "play" with this measurement. My front opening is 31.5 :eek:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Rider Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    You should be fine. The specs say the requirement for the width at the front of the fireplace opening is 31."

http://www.hearthstonestoves.com/wood-stoves/stove-details?product_id=16
  3. USMC80

USMC80 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    New Jersey
    your right it does in the specs but looking at page 8 in the manual it says 31.62, might have to take a ride to the store and check it out
  4. 6mmbrer

6mmbrer New Member

Loc:
    Newark, DE
    I measured my Clydesdale. I get 31.5. There is a sheetmetal shround that fits around the stove, sort of a quasi-plenum. That's where the 31.5 dimension comes from. I'd say your install would make contact with the masonry. Will that pull off heat from the shroud? Probably. Best to do like you said, go to the store and take all the measurements yourself.
  5. webby3650

webby3650 Master of Fire

Loc:
    southern Indiana
    This is one unit that I would not want to try to shoehorn in! I've installed 1 of the old ones and 2 of the new clydes in brown enamel. They are not the easiest to fit in, the new design is much better, but they are still kind of a bear. If you don't have any extra room to the level the unit or the panels side to side, then it might not look right. If everything is level and square, take the measurements at the store, it just might work out.