USMC80 Posted By USMC80, Apr 12, 2013 at 10:06 AM

1. USMC80

USMC80
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 27, 2013
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Looking at this unit now. front minimum opening says 31.62 inches. Question for any owners, is there any "play" with this measurement. My front opening is 31.5 :eek:

2. DAKSY

DAKSY
    Patriot Guard Rider Moderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    You should be fine. The specs say the requirement for the width at the front of the fireplace opening is 31."

http://www.hearthstonestoves.com/wood-stoves/stove-details?product_id=16

3. USMC80

USMC80
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 27, 2013
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    your right it does in the specs but looking at page 8 in the manual it says 31.62, might have to take a ride to the store and check it out

4. 6mmbrer

6mmbrer
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 22, 2013
    Loc:
    Newark, DE
    I measured my Clydesdale. I get 31.5. There is a sheetmetal shround that fits around the stove, sort of a quasi-plenum. That's where the 31.5 dimension comes from. I'd say your install would make contact with the masonry. Will that pull off heat from the shroud? Probably. Best to do like you said, go to the store and take all the measurements yourself.

5. webby3650

webby3650
    Master of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 2, 2008
    Loc:
    Indiana
    This is one unit that I would not want to try to shoehorn in! I've installed 1 of the old ones and 2 of the new clydes in brown enamel. They are not the easiest to fit in, the new design is much better, but they are still kind of a bear. If you don't have any extra room to the level the unit or the panels side to side, then it might not look right. If everything is level and square, take the measurements at the store, it just might work out.