1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Hearthstone Craftsbury, or small stove recommendation?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Burn-1, Sep 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burn-1

Burn-1 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Lakes Region, NH
    We have an older fireplace in our living room in which I've been burning gel over the summer but I would like to put a small stove for the winter even though I will have to re-line the chimney.

While getting a door gasket replacement for our Phoenix I saw the new Craftsbury model from Hearthstone and really like the look and size of it. I realize it is a recent offering but if anyone has experience with one, I'd like your comments.

Alternatively, we are looking for recommendations for a small stove which is not too deep. This is a shallow fireplace. Thanks.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MountainStoveGuy

MountainStoveGuy New Member

Loc:
    Northern Colorado Mountains
    there brand new. i dont think many people have them yet. they were realesed last month. But, for $999 its hard to go wrong. the Jotul f100 is in the same price range, and the hearthstone tribute is more. there are lots of models in that size range. The good news is, its realy hard to mess up a wood stove, so if you like it, let us know!
  3. Burn-1

Burn-1 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Lakes Region, NH
    Thanks MSG. I didn't realize they were THAT new. We are looking at the brown majollica one which I think was about $300 more than the cast iron
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.