Hearthstone customer service help?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

birthsister

Mar 4, 2022
ct
Is it possible to get hearthstone customer service help? I've called two dealers. One didn't even call back, one I had to harass to take my order for replacement firebricks. That was in January. I'm ready to just rip out the fireplace insert and have the fireplace repaired and returned to working order. I understand supply chain issues, but the lack of communication is ridiculous, especially when Hearthstone themselves say contact a dealer, and the dealer won't contact you back.

I contacted them directly once... years ago, to get a replacement baffle for an old 80's Hearthstone. They were very helpful. That was maybe 15 years ago so things may be different now. Give it a shot.

paging @bholler

I seem to remember him once having some hearthstone affiliation, but even if not, he'd likely be able to give some advice on how to proceed.

Nope no ties to hearthstone. Calling around to other dealers. Try calling hearthstone directly. Some parts are available online as well

What issue are you having exactly? Dealers have been very very busy, if you didn’t purchase it from them it’s hard to put you ahead of their paying customers. Have you contacted the dealer you bought it from?

If it's just firebrick, it's a $3 part. Pick them up and install them yourself. Home depot has them.

Most service companies are short staffed. Being nasty over the phone isn't going to make them want to help you.

If it's just firebrick, it's a $3 part. Pick them up and install them yourself. Home depot has them.

Most service companies are short staffed. Being nasty over the phone isn't going to make them want to help you.
It takes soapstone panels most likely. I’ve never had to replace any, if they are just cracked then they don’t even need replaced. He hasn’t got them because Hearthstone can’t get the material.

It takes soapstone panels most likely. I’ve never had to replace any, if they are just cracked then they don’t even need replaced. He hasn’t got them because Hearthstone can’t get the material.
I have replaced one because it wouldn't stay in place anymore just because of how it cracked. But yeah most I leave alone with the cracks.

Why can't the get soapstone? Just curious I thought they got it from the quarrys local to them.

What issue are you having exactly? Dealers have been very very busy, if you didn’t purchase it from them it’s hard to put you ahead of their paying customers. Have you contacted the dealer you bought it from?
The insert came with the house when we purchased it, but the owners had all the original paperwork. Even though we didn't pay for it, we did contact the dealer who installed it. It turns out the firebricks are cracked and crumbling, and the metal bands that hold them in place are warped. I wanted 1. to order new firebricks and 2. have someone come out and make sure there wasn't anything else it needed to be safe and effective. It took 3 weeks of phone calls just to get someone to take my order. That was Jan 14. Two follow ups haven't given me any kind of timeline or communication. I gave up and called another dealer. They haven't bothered to call back at all.

I've actually been very polite. But if you can't get a part, be honest about it. Giving me the run around isn't going to get you any business when I hire someone else to rip the thing out and restore my fireplace. And it's soapstone, so I suspect this isn't something I can just run to Home Depot for. Also, since the insert came with the house we bought, I wanted someone to come out and look at it to make sure there wasn't anything else we needed to make it safe to use.

I've actually been very polite. But if you can't get a part, be honest about it. Giving me the run around isn't going to get you any business when I hire someone else to rip the thing out and restore my fireplace. And it's soapstone, so I suspect this isn't something I can just run to Home Depot for. Also, since the insert came with the house we bought, I wanted someone to come out and look at it to make sure there wasn't anything else we needed to make it safe to use.
Call around to chimney sweeps to get an inspection done.

To order replacement parts please see your dealer, or contact an internet parts dealer listed below:

I have replaced one because it wouldn't stay in place anymore just because of how it cracked. But yeah most I leave alone with the cracks.

Why can't the get soapstone? Just curious I thought they got it from the quarrys local to them.
They source the soapstone from various places in South America I believe. They took orders for 9,000 stoves last year alone, with the shortages on products and shipping they are way behind. Like all stove manufacturers. Orders are approaching 16,000 this year…

Reactions: Ashful
Perhaps these sizes may match up
And I know I have seen the retaining straps on a stove site, Woodsmans,Obidiah's or somewhere.

I think it would help the OP to post the links used to find a good independent sweep. I was it ncsg.org? csia.org?