Hearthstone III wood stove 1985, New, Never Burned

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yaker57

Oct 17, 2011
Winfield Ks.
This is Brand New Old 1985 Hearthstone III wood stove, Never been fired, still attached to the Shipping Pallet:) Any information on , where they any good back then, maybe able pick it up for $725 or trade Federal Airtight that's 3yrs Old for it, Any Body Burning one today? Thanks

i would suppose that the price isn't too bad....if you look at it from a new stove perspective. keep in mind that it may not burn as good as some of the newer stoves but then again some of the old stoves worked great. don't have one, but i think i would offer $ 500 and settle on $ 600. wish i could help you more. see you have a jotul 500.....thinking about getting it for yourself or to resell? good luck.

cass

Thanks cass, Had a Friend find it and needed info, He decided to small .... I have the Federal Stove about ready to sell, and Soap Stone is Beautiful Stove as I Carve Stone , would be way cool to trade for it, if He would. He wanting a Insert Stove and Believe the Federal can be used for insert by taking the legs off.

i had an old VC or CDW Adirondac years ago, gave it to my brother who used it for years before the bypass lever connectin broke. i still have my VC Large downstairs waiting to put it on e-bay or craigs list. i was looking at the video today of the jotul top load, kinda cool.....i love my litle jotul...i just love stoves, especially old ones like the new ones too but often too finiky.

hago

cass

Status
Not open for further replies.