Hearthstone Mansfield Installation (pics and comments)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, you're pretty close to what I want to do. I'm looking for floating soapstone panels only on the sides. I figure they'll soften that plain steel radiant heat and will keep the temp in the immeadiate area of the stove more bearable.

Also, I'm working with a much different air chamber than usual so I'll be able to get good convection heat flow off the stove as well.

Corie,

If for some reason, can't imagine what that might be, you find yourself down around Lynchburg Virginia you might want to check with these folks about Virginia soapstone.

http://www.alberenesoapstone.com/index.html

Thanks BB. Checking that out now.

Also, I'll PM about coming down. We gotta set up a time, place, etc where you wanna meet up.

Status
Not open for further replies.