1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

heartland pellets not feeding

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by roundeye, Feb 2, 2013.

1. roundeye

roundeye Member

Loc:
    eastern kansas
    I have an englander pvc-25 and decided to try heartland pellets because of all the ash and jamming up of the ohp pellets. the heartland pellets are all the same size, about 1/4". The pellets just stop feeding from the top auger but its not jammed up. Are the pellets too small to feed properly?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. imacman

imacman Guest

Never heard of pellets being too small to feed, only too long. Are you sure there's not a jam? Have you removed both augers and made sure the transfer slot from the top auger tube to the bottom one isn't clogged?

Also, see if you can shine a light up in there and check for casting flash around the edge of the opening.
  3. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

When was the last time you emptied the hopper and vacuumed it? Fines will. Cause Havoc on a stoves Auger
  4. smoke show

smoke show Guest

generally heartlands get good reviews. I seem to remember reading they use a 5/16" die and not the usual 1/4" die.

I've used them and was satisfied.
  5. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Lignetics use a 5/16 Die also. Only pellet I have seen that Big (in my area)

No Heartland's around me. :(
  6. roundeye

roundeye Member

Loc:
    eastern kansas
    I was looking at the augers last night while it was running and noticed the top auger motor had some in and out movement and the motor wasnt even warm. The bottom motor was hot.
  7. imacman

imacman Guest

Bottom motor WILL get hot since it runs constantly. The top one runs intermittently.