Heat Distribution Idea ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikenr1c

Oct 22, 2006
My little stove does a pretty good job of heating the downstairs and doesn't overpower it either. It keeps the furnace off and this causes some rooms to get pretty cool.

I like many folks look forward to the next stove. I could install a larger stove some day. I am thinking about getting the heat to evenly warm the house.

I wonder if all I need to do is cycle my furnace blower fan and use that air system to circulate the heat for me. It would be an easy thing to do with my warm air system.

Does anybody do this now?

I always enjoy reading the ideas in the forum. Mike

That's a common problem and frequent question Mike. Unfortunately the air will cool down so much via the duct work that this method is almost always ineffective. Oftern though, the placement of a small fan or two blowing from the cold area towards where the stove is located can really make a difference in heat balance. Sometimes a ceiling fan in the stove room can also help.

Two stoves means twice the feeding and maintenance, but can work well. In our case we used a pellet stove together with a woodstove. The pellet stove was automatic and only needed feeding about once a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.