Heat-Maxx wood stove heat reclaimer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Heat Maxx

Sep 18, 2022
Wisconsin
Hi Everyone, colder temps are soon upon us and we would like to give 3 of our Heat-Maxx wood stove heat reclaimers
to the first 3 replies to this thread if you would like one.
Must have a 6 inch flue. These units are also crimp down only. Any other questions please let me know. Thanks and have a blessed day! Ray
Post 1.jpg

How does your product differ from other heat reclaimers?

There is zero temperature or draft fluctuation with our design. Safety was our number one concern. Thank you for your input 👍

Then where is the heat coming from if not the flue? Modern stoves (especially cat stoves) are already running very low flue temps. Taking any heat out is a bad thing.

There is zero temperature or draft fluctuation with our design. Safety was our number one concern. Thank you for your input 👍
But you are taking heat off the flue gasses correct?

All other reclaimers use horizontal exchangers or the multiple tubes you see on Magic Heat types. Heat-Maxx uses vertical heat exchangers which do not change the draft or temperatures of the exhaust pipe

All other reclaimers use horizontal exchangers or the multiple tubes you see on Magic Heat types. Heat-Maxx uses vertical heat exchangers which do not change the draft or temperatures of the exhaust pipe
So where does the heat come from if not from the exhaust?

It has to lower the exhaust temp. And yes simply lowering the exhaust temp will also change the draft

You keep repeating that but you don't answer where the heat is coming from if not the flue? Does your reclaimer defy the laws of physics? How can it not lower the flue temps?

Reactions: Highbeam
I mean yes it's a better design than the magic heat type. But it's still stealing heat off of the flue which isn't a good idea with modern stoves

Also this is not the only product of this sort on the market. Recoheat comes to mind

So where does the heat come from if not from the exhaust?

It has to lower the exhaust temp. And yes simply lowering the exhaust temp will also change the draft
The exchangers are backed to the fresh air box. Because it has a continuous open flue the temperatures do not change when in use

So where is the reclaimed heat being reclaimed from? You still have not answered that question.
I dont think they can answer your questions because they dont know. If you goto the website the verbiage is not very good so i think it's a foreign company selling these as "made in America" and their spokesman here really cant explain the product, which sends up tons of red flags. There is also no record of a company by that name based on a search through the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

The fresh air box, it's then blown into the room through the circular vent

How is the heat coming from the fresh air? Stoves are used in the winter and fresh air is cold in the winter. I'm assuming the fresh air is blown over the stove pipe and heated by the flue in turn lowering the flue temps.

So does this thing have some kind of fan to help blow out the heat?

I would be Leary of using this with some very high efficiency cat stoves that run extremely low flue temps but I can see where it wouldn’t hurt for some non cat stoves that run higher stack temps. It would be interesting to see some video of this in action with thermometers placed before and after it.

A wood furnace is just an oversized heat reclaimer/magic heat device that steals heat from the exhaust gasses just as this device does. The difference is that the wood furnace was designed for this and cycles the blower to keep flue temperatures sufficiently high. Adding an aftermarket heat reclaimer above a stove brings great risk.

The fresh air box, it's then blown into the room through the circular vent
Ok where are the btus coming from that heat the air coming from the fresh air box

So does this thing have some kind of fan to help blow out the heat?

I would be Leary of using this with some very high efficiency cat stoves that run extremely low flue temps but I can see where it wouldn’t hurt for some non cat stoves that run higher stack temps. It would be interesting to see some video of this in action with thermometers placed before and after it.
No issues again due to our design with the new stoves. Again no fluctuations in draft. Part of the patent

No issues again due to our design with the new stoves. Again no fluctuations in draft. Part of the patent
But it is taking heat from the flue gasses correct?