Heat-Maxx wood stove heat reclaimer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
You said you had a patent, what's the # so I can look it up?
My apologies, patent pending. Our application was published in December of 22. Just haven't received the pat. # from the trademark dept. as of yet. Please let me know if you need anything else. Thanks Ray

Screenshot_20231018_154927_Gmail.jpg

You are basing all your concerns on old designs.
But your device takes btus from the exhaust correct? How much temperature loss does it cause in the exhaust?

Bholler, can't explain it more than I have. Like any exhaust pipe temperature, they decrease slightly as you go up the exhaust pipe with a temp gun. But i think what you're saying is the 10 to 15 degree drops like with the horizontal exchanger units. That simple does not happen with our product.

Bholler, can't explain it more than I have. Like any exhaust pipe temperature, they decrease slightly as you go up the exhaust pipe with a temp gun. But i think what you're saying is the 10 to 15 degree drops like with the horizontal exchanger units. That simple does not happen with our product.
Ok so you are claiming no heat loss from the exhaust. Where are the btus your unit is putting out coming from if not out of the exhaust?

Reactions: Dieselhead
Ok so you are claiming no heat loss from the exhaust. Where are the btus your unit is putting out coming from if not out of the exhaust?
If you have ever tried to catch a pig in a mudpit you will spend hours sweating swearing and chasing to no avail. And eventually you will find out that the pig likes it.

You aren't going to change this guys mind and have done a great job on this thread to ensure folks don't fall for this gimmicky stuff. Call it good and ride off into the sunset.

On another forum, Heat-Max claims: Up to 40% decrease in wood consumption.

Very impressive! 🤣
Claims are easy to make. For awhile there was a little Kimberly stove ad claiming it heated a 3,000 sq ft home.

So I have read every single answer you have posted. At no.point have you specifically answered how this product actually works.

I own my own company.. if a customer or potential customer requests information on how something will be done, its pretty easy to give someone a step by step on what were doing or what is being done

The way your going about this with the amount of educated people here you will get absolutely no one wanting your product.. your a sales person and not very good one

Start with this .. try honestly explaining your product.. like you purchase this product.. it gets installed here.. you install this part there the heat is generated form this ..it blows across your stove pipe.. it generates X-BTUs..

Then let the members here decide themselves if the product is worthy of spending their hard earned money on

Just saying

Reactions: joop
So.. I found some answers that some of the members were looking for. I got this information frome another wood burning site.. I didn't post the name because Im not sure if this is allowed and I dont want to get a PM from the mods.. saying I did something wrong

What the heat max is .. is a 2ft section of stovepipe that connects between your stove collar and thimble It has vertical fins that run inside the 6 inch stove pipe and the fins extend to a box on the back of the stovepipe with a 250cfm fan that draws fresh air from the bottom and out of the top..the intake and exhaust are my guess, I could have it backwards..

The pictures that are posted of the inside of the unit are from ray himself that I got from the other site

This product takes heat directly from the flue gasses. This product will definitely reduce the flue gas temperature..

Screenshot_20231230-071430_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20231230-072420_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20231230-072510_Chrome.jpg

I read that post on arborist site also. The top pic is the Heat Maxx unit. The bottom pic is a horizontal heat exchanger. Obviously the bottom one looks worse, but they both look pretty crusty and restrictive.

Sounds like the topic has been covered fully.

I just read the whole thread. It seems like heat maxx got scared off. It is probably a bad idea but at least they tried.
Has anyone tried putting a collar around double wall sp and running fins up that? I would think the effects on exhaust temp would be very minimal, maybe the extra heat output would be minimal too.
I did use a magic heat years ago when I was about 20 and as I remember they put out a lot of heat, but that was on an old wood furnace (definitely pre-epa) which also worked really good at putting out
heat.
I personally would not use a heat reclaimer.

A heat reclaimer on an old, pre-EPA stove that is wasting a lot of heat up the flue can work as long as the flue temps stay well above the point where creosote tars start condensing. The problem is, folks often use them when burning marginal wood. That can be a recipe for a chimney fire.

Reactions: Enplater