Heat n Glo North Star EPA Fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woolleyr

Dec 8, 2005
Finally got it installed according to code. Watch out homeowners with 2x6 framing...unit is unofficially built for 2x4 framed walls so some in field engineering is needed. Same goes for those interested in Heatilator Constitution model...(its the same model, just costs more than Heat n Glo) Quadrafire 7100 is very similar as well but its bigger and fits 2x6 walls much better but also costs $2K more or so...

Anyway other than the framing snafu everything else is working out well. The things cranks the heat and secondary burn seems easy to achieve. As a matter of fact I like it better then my FPX 44 elite I had in another house. That FPX was a catalytic and I could never get it to consistently burn off...this North Star is a cinch and its so neat to see a fire on the top of the fire box bigger than the one coming off the wood.

I assume that is the burn I am trying to achieve? Any comments?

Otherwise it puts out lots of heat...

Now just have to decide how to finish off the interior...

You should e-mail Heat & Glo about the issues you had and suggest they add some more detail in the manual about the framing in front of the fireplace. You wont see a change overnight but they will slate it for discussion on the next manual revision. They really do listen to customers emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.