Heatform Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 16, 2014
MO
I recently bought a house with a heatform fireplace in it. It doesn't Seem to have a switch on the wall to the fans anywhere. There is a plate in the bottom of the inside of the fireplace, is it possible that it's a n access to a thermoswitch maybe? This also has the copper gas pip running into it for lighting. I plan to install an insert at some point but may have to wait until spring but would like to use it if it's blowers do work that way. Thanks for any help

The plate at the bottom of the fireplace most likely is the ash dump. This would be for emptying the ash into a pit below in the basement, for later cleanout.
The fans might be thermostatically controlled, but they should have a service switch. This will take some more investigation. Have you built a large fire to see if the fans come on? Is there a spare wall thermostat that might control the fans?

I havnt built a fire in it yet because I don't see the point in burning wood if I can't fat any heat output. I've looked everywhere and tree all switches, there's nothing, only thing I can figure out is it's either a thermoswitch somrwhrtr or someone disconnected the fans but that makes no sense

Status
Not open for further replies.