Heatilator Eco PS-50

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
This has been running for 7 weeks or so. I only run it when I am at the store so it run from 8am till 5 pm or so at least 6 days a week. I am not sure how many bags I ran through it but it has not let me down yet. I might have dumped the bottom of the burn pot 7 times and wiped the glass once a week. It is a demo stove so...... I know Pete I owe you beer cause I defaulted on the game.

Eric

Attachments

• heatilator 11-29-10 60.jpg
    heatilator 11-29-10 60.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 320
Why in the world would you let the ashes build up like that? If I walked into your store and saw that, I would turn around and walk back out!!! :)

I'm surprised the ash doesn't slide down into the burn pot. Imagine how much has built up elsewhere. Scary. Maybe it IS a good sales tool because if it burns like that, it's pretty well idiot proof.

A lot of folks would cringe to see that much ash in a stove but that's why you are testing it, right?

kinsman stoves said:
This has been running for 7 weeks or so. I only run it when I am at the store so it run from 8am till 5 pm or so at least 6 days a week. I am not sure how many bags I ran through it but it has not let me down yet. I might have dumped the bottom of the burn pot 7 times and wiped the glass once a week. It is a demo stove so...... I know Pete I owe you beer cause I defaulted on the game. Eric

Looks good Eric....If i came into the store and saw it burning with all that ash, I'd think that was one heck of a stove. Reminds me of the time I let my Astoria burn for a LONG time just to see what would happen. It was still burning well when I finally chickened out & cleaned it:

Oh, and about the beer....keep it COLD for me....I'll get out your way eventually. :cheese:

Attachments

• Dirty.jpg
    Dirty.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 252
As I have said in most of my past postings. I like to abuse, misuse, torture, and neglect my stoves to show what the customer can expect. If they tend to follow my lead more power to them. My worst nightmare is a customer calling me with a problem and not being able to tell them how to fix it over the phone, I do give out my personal cell phone number on my business cards. I do not want to make service calls on stoves, do it right the first time.

If I lose a sale/service call by saving a customer a trip to their house I think I am one step better than the stove shop that comes to a customer's house with an invoice in hand. Approx. 70% of my service calls are to fix another stove shop or self installation problem.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.